The following facilities are available for visiting researchers to use:
- Basic photography set-up: copy stand; lighting; black or white backgrounds.
- Stereo dissecting binocular microscope for hand specimens.
- Optical transmitted light microscope for thin sections.
- Specimen trolley, safety barriers & power supply for working out on the public galleries.
- Lab benches for laying out specimens.
- Wifi internet access and/or computer access for checking emails, bibliographic references etc.
- Car parking space.
The collections are split between several sites a few miles apart. Each building has slightly different facilities available. Please contact us with your requirements prior to your visit and we will do our best to fulfil your needs.
To arrange a research visit to study our collections please contact us.
Monday to Friday
10:00 to 13:00 & 14:00 to 17:00Saturday
10:00 to 16:00 Sunday
Apr 21, 2017
Explosive (Earth) activities @ the Sedgwick Museum took place on Saturday 18th March 2017...!
Mar 23, 2017
A new hypothesis of dinosaur relationships and early dinosaur evolution