The following facilities are available for visiting researchers to use:
- Basic photography set-up: copy stand; lighting; black or white backgrounds.
- Stereo dissecting binocular microscope for hand specimens.
- Optical transmitted light microscope for thin sections.
- Specimen trolley, safety barriers & power supply for working out on the public galleries.
- Lab benches for laying out specimens.
- Wifi internet access and/or computer access for checking emails, bibliographic references etc.
- Car parking space.
The collections are split between several sites a few miles apart. Each building has slightly different facilities available. Please contact us with your requirements prior to your visit and we will do our best to fulfil your needs.
To arrange a research visit to study our collections please contact us.
Monday to Friday
10:00 to 13:00 & 14:00 to 17:00Saturday
10:00 to 16:00 Sunday
Dec 1, 2016
Curious Objects – an exhibition of ‘some unusual and unexpected items’ from the University Library’s collection. 3 Nov 2016 - 31 March 2017
Milstein Exhibition Centre, Cambridge University Library, West Road, Cambridge CB3 9DR
Aug 19, 2016
For most people, the idea of finding old poo is disgusting, and the idea of dissecting it and sorting through it is even worse! Unless of course you’re a child of a certain age and the poo in question is dinosaur poo.